Today’s increasingly busy digital world means many employers are turning to phone interviews to quickly get to know a candidate better. After you pass the phone interview usually then is when you’ll be invited for a face to face.
HERE ARE 5 TIPS TO NAILING THAT PHONE INTERVIEW!
- Choose a quite location to take the call:
- Do not interview while driving or in a loud location where there are lots of distractions.
- Take the interview call in a quiet location where you can focus and avoid interruption.
- Be prepared:
- Prepare for a phone interview just as you would for a face-to-face interview.
- Review the company’s website.
- Learn the names of their executive staff, the different departments within the company, and read any recent news you can find regarding them.
- Print out any reference materials.
- Answer with, “Hello, this is [Name]”:
- Answer the phone professionally, stating your name clearly.
- This is a simple way to avoid any confusion.
- Use a friendly and upbeat tone of voice:
- Engage the caller with an upbeat and friendly tone of voice, and by responding to questions with enough detail and enthusiasm.
- Have a professional voicemail message, just in case:
- Not only is this a good idea in case you miss the call but if you have submitted an application to several companies you never know when one will call to present an opportunity.
- Prepare with a professional voicemail and maintain the same level of enthusiasm when setting up your voice message.
For More Interview Tips Click Here
For More Resume Tips Click Here
To View Our Open Positions Click Here