Life after college can be daunting. Below are a few simple tips to help establish the foundation to a successful livelihood.
- WRANGLE IN ESSENTIAL LIFE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Skills such as – Living within your means, starting a 401k, dealing with rejection, paying bills on time and having a good credit score.
- PUSH YOUR LIMITS BEYOUND YOUR COMFORT ZONE
- Challenge yourself– Especially in social settings, getting over the fear of being social is something best to overcome young. Your older self will thank you when it comes to networking.
- EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS
- Gain some perspective- Find a cause that is important to you, volunteering your time and helping someone else in need will not only give you fulfillment but keep your priorities straight.
- EVALUATE YOUR WEEK
- Ask yourself what went well; what went bad- Think of what this could do for your personal and professional growth if you did this every week for a whole year. After you review your week make adjustments accordingly to continue growing.
- FEED THE PIGGY BANK
- Getting old is inevitable- Before you know it you’ll be thinking about retirement but don’t wait till you’re already older to start a plan. Ask HR about any 401k options your company offers and start saving for your future.
- BE IN THE KNOW
- Stay updated on current events- You don’t want to be the only one who can’t participate in a conversation because you have no idea what’s going on in the news.
- INTRODUCE A DROP OF PANDEMONIUM
- Having a day to day routine is great but- Don’t get too used to no change in your life. Shake things up, take a solo vacation, travel the world, prove that you can adapt and prevail in the face of change.