Without even realizing it the way we speak might not be portraying us as the leaders we are in the office. Here are 3 phrases I hear all the time that can easily be exchanged for powerful verbiage that will make us sounds like more confident leaders.
Trade Can’t for Don’t
- I can’t normally take on this type of candidate…
- This sentence has way more power than saying you can’t do something.
- I don’t take on this candidate…
- Gives off the impression that you might be swamped with work, more importantly it doesn’t sound like something a leader would say.
Trade Confused for More information
- I am confused what steps you need me to take to…
- To admit you are confused can take away your confidence as a leader.
- Can you please provide me with more information on…
- Ask for clarification without admitting how confused you are.
Trade Won’t for Try
- This won’t work…
- Saying something won’t work sounds very negative and like you’re not willing to listen to more ideas.
- Can we try to discuss further to work through…
- Stay positive, if you have a suggestion on what could work offer that as a follow up instead of simply saying something won’t work.
For More Interview Tips Click Here
For More Resume Tips Click Here
To View Our Open Positions Click Here