It’s easy to get lost in the numerous tasks we need to accomplished every day and what value they really have. Try these 5 tips and see how working smarter not harder saves you some time in the office.
Comment below if these tips have had an impact on your work!
5 Ways to work Smarter not Harder:
- Reduce the amount of decisions you need to make per day
- Build routines/habits so that not everything is a decision you need to make
- Use GPS
- GOAL- Ask yourself “What will my project look like when I’m done?”
- PURPOSE- Make sure you have an understanding of the “why” of the project.
- SCOPE– Provide deadlines, budget, resources and audience.
- Measure your results, not your time
- Instead of counting the hours you worked on a project, judge your success by the results you produced.
- The work you produce is what ultimately drives your success, you could have spent hours on a project but if what you produced doesn’t impress your manager did the hours you spent on it really matter?
- Organize emails throughout the day
- As you get emails organize them following these rules- Tuck it, Transfer it or Trash it.
- Tuck it- This email doesn’t require a response right away, set a reminder and save for later.
- Transfer it- You aren’t the correct person to answer the email received, transfer it to someone who can respond.
- Trash it- This email is not relevant or is something you’ll never need to look at again, get ride of it.
- Block your most productive hours
- Save your most productive hours for your most important tasks.
- For example; if you are a morning person block some morning hours on your calendar and schedule that time to the projects that need your undivided attention.
8 Career Refreshing Boosting Steps Click Here