- Norwegian scientists have hypothesized that Rudolph’s red nose is probably the result of a parasitic infection of his respiratory system.
- It takes Christmas trees usually about 15 years to grow before they are sold.
- 79 Percent of US Households will display a tree this holiday season.
- The first start in the US to officially recognize Christmas was Alabama in 1836.
- In 1870 Christmas was declared an official holiday.
- There are 400 species of holly around the world.
- In 1991 President Teddy Roosevelt, an environmentalist, banned Christmas trees from the White House.
- There are approximately 21,000 Christmas tree farms in the United States. In 2008, nearly 45 million Christmas trees were planted, adding to the existing 400 million trees.
- There are at least 44 candles in each box of Hanukkah candles, enough for one person to light the hanukkiyah according to tradition every night.
- 28 sets of LEGO are sold every second during the Christmas season.
- More than 3 billion Christmas cards are sent in the U.S. alone each year.
- The first official White House Hanukkah party was held on December 10, 2001. President George W. Bush borrowed a 100-year-old hanukkiyah from the Jewish Museum in New York for the event.
12 Holiday Fun Facts