We have spent quite some time giving interview advice and sharing the best tips and tricks but it’s time we get back to the basics. Below is a list of Do’s and Don’ts to guide you in interview process.
- Get a good night’s sleep
- Eat breakfast
- Wear professional colors
- Turn off your phone
- Smile J
- Make eye contact
- Watch your posture
- Watch your body language
- Show enthusiasm for the position and the company
- Speak clearly
- Show an interest in the interviewer
- Bring copies of any relevant papers
- Ask about follow up
- Act like a know it all
- Check your cell phone during your interview
- Dress too casual
- Act like you could take or leave the job
- Joke around excessively
- Fidget with your fingers
- Touch your face or neck too much. Play with your hair. This makes you look nervous.
- Cross your arms over your chest. This makes you look defensive.
- Talk like a teenager; use slang or jargon, like, you know?
- Interrupt the interviewer
- Arrive stressed, frazzled or out of breath
- Bring up salary, benefits, vacation time, or bonuses until after you’ve received an offer.
- Don’t forget to follow up with a Thank you email or card.
If you aren’t sure what the proper way to follow up after an interview is Click Here > How To Appropriately Follow Up After A Job Interview.
Want more Interview Advice? Click Here
For Resume Tips and Tricks Click Here