We’ve all heard the saying before “You’re interviewing them as much as they’re interviewing you” but what does that actually mean? It actually means a lot more than just come prepared with questions to ask the interviewer. Make sure that you are considering the following:
Red Flags- Many people never think about this but is the company giving you any red flags when you go in for an interview. For example;
- Do they keep asking to reschedule your interview?
- Do they keep you waiting in the lobby long after your interview time?
- Do you walk in and feel like the company atmosphere is off?
- Do you get a gut feeling that this isn’t a good office environment for you?
These are what can be considered Red Flags and should be things you consider before taking the position.
Remember what you’re worth- They already know you have something to offer because they gave you a face to face interview. But sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in the nervousness of interviewing that you forget to really sell yourself.
- Remember the company would be lucky to have you!
- This is not the last interview you’ll ever have so if you see any red flags it’s ok to pass on a job offer.
Don’t wait until you have been extended an offer to think about whether you’d work at that company or not. Be aware of any red flags. Make sure all your questions answered. Make a conscious decision if this company is a great fit for both you and the company.
For more Interview advice Click Here
For more Resume advice Click Here