The application process is very competitive; here are 4 ways you can stand out!
- Update LinkedIn profile.
- LinkedIn is a virtual professional network for online resumes and networking, a personal branding source that should continually be updated to show your most up to date skills and experience.
- Link to your publications, posters, patents and other materials that demonstrate your accomplishments and expertise.
- Ensure your contact information is current and accurate.
If you’re looking for a job don’t make it hard for people to see your qualifications and connect with you. Respond to your InMail if you’re not sharing an email address.
- Tailor your application to the job.
- You want the hiring manager to look at your application and think “This person is perfect,” The way to do that is to showcase how your skills and experience specifically make you perfect for the position they are hiring.
- Include a summary or skills/qualifications section right at the top highlighting your experience that is directly relevant to the job.
You have a lot of great experience, but it can get lost in your resume. Make it easy for the manager. Show them exactly what they want to see right away, so they don’t miss it. The manager can see the rest of the content in the body or your resume.
- Address the hiring manager By Name in your cover letter.
- Your cover letter is the first opportunity you have to make an impression on the hiring manager, make sure you show you did your company research by addressing the hiring manager.
- Use the hiring manager’s first and last name. Do not assume gender! Find out which is most appropriate “Mr.”, “Ms.”, or “Dr.”
I hate it when I receive a message from someone addressing me incorrectly. I find it disrespectful and receive the impression that they don’t really care.
- Pursue industry-related certifications.
- This is one way you can leverage yourself above the competition.
- Show you have taken the initiative to be better equipped to excel in your position and stay current with industry developments.
If you are on even ground with another candidate, it is a great way to get a leg up. Also, the classes are great networking opportunities!
For More Tips and Tricks Click Here
To View Our Open Positions Click Here