As we enter our first pandemic winter, many of the outlets we’ve turned to for relief, connection, and joy will become less accessible. Socially distanced meetups, outdoor exercise, open-air dining—it all becomes a little more complicated when the temperature drops.
The challenges are interconnected, and so are the solutions. When you take the necessary steps to support your well-being in your personal life, you’re also making an investment in yourself that helps you stay motivated and in-turn become more successful at work.
Here are 3 tips to help you fight off loneliness, find motivation, and prioritize your well-being despite the changing seasons ahead.
- Ask someone what they’re doing to take care of themselves and stay connected to loved ones.
- Start a group text with friends.
- Schedule a virtual coffee break or happy hour with friends.
Establish Habits That Keep You Motivated and Productive:
Take control of how you think, how you feel, how you act. Positivity will help you make the choices that lead to accomplishment.
Break goals into manageable tasks.
- Don’t divide your attention but give your full and undivided self to the task at hand.
Make Sure You’re Not Forsaking Self-Care:
- Find Community- Isolation can quickly erode mental health.
- Engage in mindful living- Mindfulness activities such as meditation, deep breathing and yoga have all been linked to elevated brain chemistry.
- Take daily break rituals- Carve out small chunks of time where you are focused on doing something that renews your mind, body and soul.
FOR MORE RESUME TIPS CLICK HERE
FOR MORE INTERVIEW TIPS CLICK HERE
via: https://www.themuse.com/advice/microsteps-self-care-success-coronavirus-pandemic-winter, https://thriveglobal.com/stories/your-mental-health-is-everything