Read The Job Description:
- Be prepared to confirm you are qualified for the position.
- Familiarize yourself with the job description prior to the interview so you know exactly what experience they are seeking.
- Pay close attention to the tasks or responsibilities section of the job description.
- You should prepare notes detailing exactly how much experience you have with each task in order to ensure a confident response to any questions that may be asked in regards to your experience.
Know who you are interviewing with:
- Do research on the company and its products, goals, and objectives.
- Take the time to research the company’s website and in particular the aspects that may be relevant to your position that information may be discussed during the interview.
Refrain from asking questions that may reflect negatively on you
- Be conservative
- Be focused on demonstrating you a professionalism, qualifications and a capable candidate for their opening.
- Confirm you have the skills and experience for the job. Always refrain from asking questions involving: work hours, travel, salary and benefits, flex hours, working remotely or anything else that may be taken the wrong way. These types of questions can be interpreted negatively and could jeopardize an offer.
- Once you have obtained an offer from the company you are then free to ask any question you would like prior to making a final decision.
Arrive 30 minutes early.
- Check the company website, find the best route and always know the parking situation ahead of time.
- Always give yourself an extra 30 minutes to account for unforeseen traffic delays, you will be calm and refreshed going into the interview and perform better as a result.
Dress professionally & look prepared.
- Do some research on the company culture; if you are applying for a relaxed IT startup company then maybe slacks and a dress top will do and a suit might be seen as overdressed.
- Bring a professional binder to the interview so you have a place to take notes.
- Have a copy of your formatted resume on hand.
For more Interview Tips Click Here
For Resume Tips Click Here