The US Department of Energy has stated that in 2016 solar energy employed more people that the traditional gas, coal and oil combined, in a new report is called the US Energy and Employment Report (USEER).
HERE ARE THE DETAILS:
- The USEER report found that solar employed 374,000 people over the year 2015-2016.
- Solar employed about 43 percent of the sectors workforce.
- Traditional fossil fuels combined employed 187,117, making up 22 percent of the workforce.
- 4 million Americans now work in the energy industry
- 2016 added around 300,000 new net jobs.
- These new jobs made up to 14 percent of the entire job growth for the US for 2016.
We can expect the growth to only continue in 2017 with the USEER suggesting a 9 percent increase across the sector equaling around 200,000 more jobs.
Curios what positions are open at R&D Partners? Click Here