Adaptive leadership seems well designed for the modern world of biotech, as well as other industries, as it allows for plenty of change and collaboration as things progress and evolve. So, what is adaptive leadership and why is this a quality that will benefit your career? Lets dive deeper-
Adaptive leaders create conditions that enable dynamic networks to achieve common goals in an environment of uncertainty by focusing on these four dimensions;
- Anticipation of likely future needs, trends and options.
- Articulation of these needs to build collective understanding and support for action.
- Adaptation so that there is continuous learning and the adjustment of responses as necessary.
- Accountability, including maximum transparency in decision making processes and openness to challenges and feedback.
3 tips on how to develop your adaptable leader skills:
- Ask questions, listen, and observe: Seek first to understand, not to explain. Leaders should wonder, explore, and consider before judging and deciding. They understand the perspectives of others, and are willing to sit in ambiguity and be open and curious without being invested in the outcome. Leaders develop the ability to uncover and check assumptions, values, and belief systems.
- Be inquisitive: Leaders ask others their opinions, perspectives, and approaches. Everyone does things a bit differently, and potential answers and solutions to problems can be hidden in the way other people think.
- Think creatively: Leaders know how to develop a growth mindset and create space for innovation and continuous learning. They create a safe environment for risk-taking with new models and fast failures to accelerate learning. Adaptability occurs through experimentation.
Click Here for 5 Reasons to Work With a Recruiter
For Interview Tips Click Here
Search Our Open Positions Click Here