If you think you should abandon your job search until after the holidays, think again. The holidays are a great time to find a new job. If a company decides they need a new employee or a current employee moves on, they won’t wait to start the hiring process.
Here are 7 reasons it’s a good idea to job search during the holidays:
1) Contrary to what you might think, hiring doesn’t stop during the holiday season.
Employers are hiring; R&D Partners wants to help you find your next position!
Check Out Our Job Board For Open Positions >> https://jobs.r-dpartners.com
2) The holiday season is a great time to reconnect with former co-workers, friends, family, and individuals you know who might have a lead on a job. Sending holiday cards or emails with an upbeat notation on how you are job searching may end up with leads or recommendations.
3) So many people wrongly assume that the holidays are not a great time to job search or get hired, so they temporarily take themselves off the market until January or February. This means you have less competition for each job and, therefore, a better chance of rising to the top of the candidate pool.
4) There are many networking opportunities during November and December where you can connect with people who can help with your job search. Most people are thrilled to have the opportunity to pay it forward by helping you out, especially during the season of giving.
5) The holidays are when many charitable organizations are fundraising and need more volunteers. Volunteering is an opportunity to meet new people and network. It also looks good on a resume to show that you are active in the community and support worthy causes.
6) Stating a new position before the New Year allows you to get your salary and benefits in place, helping you successfully start the New Year!
7) A great way to stand out from other seasonal talent is to be flexible– but only if you are. Anyone demanding a specific schedule from prospective employers will more than likely going to walk away empty-handed.